Need instructional or technical help?
Sign up for a workshop or webinar.
Upcoming Workshops & Webinars
- Friday, 3/16 @Online, OER (TBD)
- Friday, 3/23 1p-2p @Naio 203, SPOTLIGHT: OER Faculty Showcase
- Wednesday, 3/28 TBA @HSSI Hawaii Convention Center, TOPP Showcase (TBA)
- Friday, 2/23 1p-2p @Naio 203, SPOTLIGHT: How to Add Human Touch to a Digital Space (watch the recording)
- Friday, 2/23 10a-11a @Online, Kauai Community College (canceled due to heavy rains, watch his YouTube presentation)
- Friday, 2/14 3p-4p @Lama 118, Google C4ward: Forms (add ons), Search
- Friday, 1/26 1p-2p @Naio 203, SPOTLIGHT: Hacking the Traditional Tech to Increase Engagement (watch the recording)
- Friday, 1/19 1p-2p @Online, What’s New in Laulima 11.4?
- Thursday, 1/18 2p-3p @Naio 203, What’s New in Laulima 11.4?
- Friday, 1/5 1p-2p @Online, What’s New in Laulima 11.4?
- Tuesday, 1/2 9a-12p @Naio 203,207, Lama 118, Refresh ’18! (a Mini RECHARGE Tech Day)
- Tuesday, 1/2 9a-10a @Naio 207, What’s New in Laulima 11.4?
- 12/12 2p-3p @Naio 203, What’s New in Laulima 11.4?
- 12/11 2p-3p @Naio 203, What’s New in Laulima 11.4?
- 12/8 10a-2p @Lama 116, Google C4ward: Take the Exam!
- 12/5 3p-5p @Lama 116, Google C4ward: Cram Session
- 12/1 1p-2p @Naio 203, Adobe Spark Posts & Pages
- 11/21 – Google C4ward: Calendar, Tasks, and Keep
- 11/17 – Google C4ward: Youtube & Classroom
- 11/17 – SPOTLIGHT: UHCC Community Webinars presents Gamification with Kawehi Sellers, PPT with Resources
- 11/9 – ZOOM – The Next Generation of Web Conferencing
- 10/27 – SPOTLIGHT: Regular and Substantive Interaction (RSI) Student-to-Student
- 10/25 – Micro-Credentialing & Digital Badges: Build New Revenue & Move Beyond Conventional Grading
- 10/20 – Laulima Strikes Back Webinar! (Tests & Quizzes/Gradebook) link coming soon!
- 10/17 – Google C4ward: Chrome, Search, and New Google Sites
- 10/13 – Google C4ward: Groups & Hangouts
- 10/6 – Laulima Strikes Back! (Home Page, Syllabus, Forums, and Lessons Tools)
- 9/29 – Google C4ward: Forms and Slides
- 9/27 – CCE PD Workshop @ Windward CC:
- Google Forms, Quizzes, and add-on Form Publisher
- Zoom Demo
- Open Educational Resources
- 9/26 – Google C4ward: Docs and Sheets
- 9/25 – 11/3 – Teaching Online Prep Program (TOPP FALL 2017)
- 9/22 – SPOTLIGHT: Regular and Substantive Interaction Faculty to Student
- 9/15 – Google C4ward: Introduction
- 8/14 – RECHARGE ’17 Tech Day
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- 6 Tips to Improve Your Powerpoint Slides
- Laulima 10.7
Teaching Online Prep Program (TOPP)
Teaching Online Prep Program (TOPP) – Spring 2018
Date/Time Date(s) – 01/29/2018 – 03/23/2018 Teaching Online Prep Program (TOPP) is an 8-week, entirely online, asynchronous faculty workshop that assists faculty to build an online course. Faculty will experience being an online student while learning to design: instructor presence, a learning community, and a course that meets the rules and regulations of Distance Education.
After participating in TOPP, the learner will be able to:
- Identify and explain the pros and cons of online teaching.
- Identify effective pedagogical strategies for online teaching.
- Identify key federal, state, and ACCJC requirements in distance education.
- Create a Laulima course site that promotes learning.
- Design effective student-centered learning activities to address different learning styles.
- Integrate Web 2.0 tools to enhance a Laulima course site.
- Identify and implement accessibility and copyright.
- Design and develop methods to build a learning community.
- Demonstrate basic facilitation skills in an online classroom.
- Week 1 – Introduction to teaching online, Important rules & regulations
- Week 2-3 – Planning the weeks/modules & activities
- Week 4 – Laulima’s core & communication tools
- Week 5 – Developing the content
- Week 6-7 Assessment tools, Enhance with Web 2.0 tools
- Week 8 – Building a learning community, Facilitation skills
TOPP is an ongoing workshop. The next round of TOPP will begin on January 29, 2018, and end on March 23, 2018. Apply now! Fill out an APPLICATION FORM by January 12, 2018.
RECHARGE '17 Tech Day
- Google Tools
- Productivity Tools
- Teaching Online
- UH Data & Tools
- Enrich all KapCC faculty and staff by sharing relevant tools and methods to improve their work.
- Stimulate and recharge the mind before the start of the new semester.
- Motivate them to create, innovate, and excel with new knowledge.
- Provide a venue to share their knowledge and experience with colleagues.
- Provide a chance to connect with peers or with the subject matter experts.
- Serve the staff and faculty by providing an opportunity for social learning.
- Bring awareness to the services of Lama Library and CELTT, and support faculty and staff throughout the year.
I really enjoyed my participation in RECHARGE -17. It was an uplifting way to start the semester – so collegial and well organized.A comment about RECHARGE '17 Technology Day
Thank you for the wonderful workshops. I learned a great deal from all the speakers. Additionally, the event was very well organized. I look forward to your next workshop.A comment about RECHARGE '17 Technology Day
Mark your calendars for a fun, hands-on ZOOM workshop! Whether it’s a synchronous online class or a business meeting, web conferencing can make you feel as if you are sitting together in a room. Blackboard Collaborate Classic is on its way out and Zoom has been...read more
The current version of Laulima 10.7 has seen many changes since it was first released in 2008. And according to the updated LMS Search Committee timeline, Laulima will be used by the UH system at least until the end of 2019. Come to our two Laulima workshops to learn...read more
Teaching Online Prep Program – Fall 2017 Overview CELTT invites you to consider Teaching Online Preparation Program (TOPP), a 6-week asynchronous, entirely online training program for instructors who will be teaching online for the first time or are looking for ways...read more