Prepare to Teach Online
Where do I begin?
- DE Eligibility Worksheet (Google Form)
Complete this form for each course offered online.
- Course Design & Development
- Course map (make a copy)
- Syllabus Template (make a copy)
- Laulima Online Course Framework (email email@example.com to be added as an instructor to the Laulima site)
- Instructional Design support
- Online Class Review Rubrics
- Basic Requirement (BaRe) Rubric (make a copy)
- Collaborative Review (CoRe) Rubric (make a copy)
- BaRe and CoRe Online Class Review Summary
DE Class Review
- DE Class Coaching Website
- Building Distance Education Capacity (HEERF Proposal)
- Peer Coach FAQs
List of Current DE Classes
- Preparing to Teach Online at UH (UHOIC) – Online, Self-Paced
- Digital Accessibility Training – Online, Self-Paced
Success for Online Learners
- Course Evaluation System (CES)
- CES Support
- DE-Specific Questions Recommended for Kapi‘olani CC DE Classes
Guidelines & Tutorials
Course Design & Development
- Course Map (make a copy)
- Laulima Course Shell (email firstname.lastname@example.org to be made an instructor)
- Kapi‘olani CC Syllabus Template (make a copy)
- BaRe & CoRe rubrics
- Contact Instructional Design & Support Group
Free Web Tools
- Adobe Express (formerly called Adobe Spark)
- MS Office
- LinkedIn Learning
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Grab-n-Go Learning Modules
- Online Research (Evaluating sources)
- Syllabus template
Kapi‘olani CC Online Education Newsletters
See all past issues of Kapi‘olani CC Distance Education Newsletters ⇒
Our DE Vision
As a leader in quality online teaching and learning, Kapi‘olani Community College fosters supportive online communities for engaging, authentic and transformative learning experiences that both prepare and empower students for their futures.
Our DE Mission
Kapi‘olani Community College provides open access quality online learning experiences with genuine human connections.
2022-2027 DE Plan
The final draft of the 2022-2027 DE Plan has been approved.
Contact for Support
ITS Helpdesk 24/7
Help with Laulima, Google Workspace, Banner, and any instructional technology.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (808) 956-8883
CELTT Instructional Design & Support
Help with the design and/or development of any course delivered using technology.
Help with hardware, web conferencing, or classroom technology.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (UH System)
- Go2knowledge (Kapi‘olani CC License until 2023)
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com, UH System)
- Padlet Pro (Kapi‘olani CC)
- Zoom Pro (UH System)
UH is committed to ADA
Kapi‘olani CC ADA Policy
Hence, all digital instructional materials and interactions in distance education should provide means for equivalent learning experience to all students. All web-based instructional content should be in compliance with Section 508 Standards and meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
Kapi‘olani Community College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.