Announcements AY 2017/2018 Announcements
Sep 17, 2017
I have updated the Sustainability Across the Curriculum flyer. (Let me know if see any issues).
Attached is a PDF version and a JPEG version for you to distribute electronically.
I will also print out hard-copies to post in your department or distribute to select faculty.
Sep 15, 2017
Chee-hoo!! What a big day for tWebsites wereity Committee.
Today the new Sustainability Websites were unveiled (Mahalo Joy!!).
On behalf of the Sustainability Committee and representing many semesters of persistent hard work, we submitted through KCSM a proposal for an Introductory, Interdisciplinary Academic Subject Certificate in Sustainability. (Mahalo Krista!!)
Below is pic of the sustainability committee collectively pushing the button on the proposal.
We also confirmed our Sustainability Across the Curriculum event for Friday October 20 (10 am to 2 pm). Revised flyer to come soon! Save the date!!
Attached is our meeting minutes (also in Laulima Resources) (Mahalo Cary!!). You will also find the Sustainability Certificate information under our Resources folder. (We will start transitioning to Ohana soon)
Have a good weekend everyone 🙂
Sep 15, 2017
We have a jam-packed meeting today with lots of new information for committee members!!
Join us in Olapa 214 at 12:15 pm
Agenda attached, but I will bring hard-copies.
Sep 12, 2017
We will have our second Sustainability Committee meeting this Friday.
I was able to secure our “new” room ‘Ōlapa 214 12:15 pm.
We will have a short visit from the UH System level Sustainability folks (Krista Hiser and Matt Lynch) and then break early.
Please let me know if you have agenda items for this meeting our next scheduled meeting.
Sep 1, 2017
This is a reminder that as part of Faculty Senate Day we have our first committee meeting today at a time/location assigned by Faculty Senate:
Sustainability Committee Fri. 9/1, 12:30-2:00 ‘Ōlapa 214
The Faculty Senate meeting starts at 11 am in Olana 202. Everyone is invited to attend.
As current Sustainability Committee chair, I will attend and provide an update on our committee.
The FS has suggested an agenda (see below).
We also have some new courses in the S-Designation, will get some updates on system level initiatives, and will go over news on the Website (MAHALO JOY!!).
FS SUGGESTED AGENDA
Some areas to consider discussing at your committee meetings:
 Voting of Committee Leadership:
Chairperson duties include:
· Convening and facilitating committee meetings
· Submitting minutes and recommendations to the Senate
· Providing minutes and year-end reports to the Senate
· Attending Senate meetings upon request
· Transmitting official communications between the committee and the Vice Chair
· Writing requested letters of acknowledgment to Committee members citing their fulfillment of responsibilities and any exceptional performance or service
· Fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned.
Vice-Chairperson duties include:
· Filling in duties when Chair is absent
· Taking meeting minutes and submitting for timely posting
· Assisting with the final year-end report.
 Set meeting dates (Please do not schedule dates during FS Meetings)
· Share with new members what the committee’s work has entailed.
· Review the Faculty Senate Constitution.
· Welcome new representatives, elect officers, continue work on holdover tasks and work on new tasks.
· Review the Student Success Pathway Plan
Aug 29, 2017
This Friday September 1 is Faculty Senate Day.
The Faculty Senate meeting on September 1, is from 11-1 PM in Olana 202. As current chair, I will attend and provide an update on our committee. Everyone is welcome to attend.
At 12:30 PM the Faculty Senate Committees are asked to convene for the first time of the new school year to welcome new representatives, elect officers, continue work on holdover tasks and work on new tasks.
The Sustainability Committee has been assigned to ‘Ōlapa 214
We will meet on that date and then go over the proposed meeting schedule. We likely will return to our regular meeting time of 12:00-2 pm on Fridays, but we can discuss options.
So, to recap: Sustainability Committee Fri. 9/1, 12:30-2:00 ‘Ōlapa 214