CELTTCenter for Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Technology
CELTT – the Center for Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Technology is responsible for planning, developing, and delivering high quality computing and media resources and services for student learning, administrative operations, faculty and staff development, and delivery of instruction and services.
Naio Bldg, Room 201 | Phone (808) 734-9711
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Provides help with:
- Technology procurement consultation
- Toner requests
- Document shredding
- Telecom requests (new phone setups; phone issues; networking)
- Information security (viruses; phishing)
- Video project requests
- Video/web conferencing requests
- RESOLVE a Digital Systems Issue
To request assistance from any of these working groups, click on one of the links below based on the nature of your support needs. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible and fill out the form COMPLETELY to prevent delays in resolving your request.
Using learning college principles, CELTT provides leadership and support for the improvement of teaching and learning. CELTT advances the college’s mission through the application of appropriate technologies and is committed to enhancing and expanding learning opportunities for students, staff, and faculty.
The Center for Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Technology (CELTT) is responsible for planning, developing, and delivering high quality computing and media resources and services for student learning, administrative operations, faculty and staff development, and delivery of instruction and services. CELTT:
- Coordinates, develops, and implements the College’s technology plans;
- Develops and maintains the College’s voice, data and video networks;
- Develops and supports local area networks within instructional and administrative facilities;
- Develops and coordinates faculty and staff professional development activities;
- Conducts demonstrations to familiarize faculty and staff with equipment available and to enable them to operate equipment;
- Supports the development and delivery of distance education using a variety of media, such as broadcast television, cable television, web-based instruction, or other forms of digital delivery;
- Supports curriculum innovation using computers or media technology in the classroom;
- Develops and maintains computing programs and services for both academic and administrative uses;
- Works with College program heads to formulate budget requirements especially in the area of technology and technology uses;
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on the purchase of technology;
- Maintains and repairs media and computing equipment, including the development and implementation of preventive maintenance programs;
- Trains faculty and staff in various computer applications and use of media;
- Provides telephone/telecommunication services; and
- Develops and implements applicable policies and procedures.
[Functional Statements, Reorganization Proposal, March 20, 2008, p. 5]
University of Hawai‘i Technical Support
Technical support for enterprise systems such as Banner, FMIS, and the MyUH Portal, or software licensed by UH is provided through the University of Hawaii Information Technology Services (ITS) Help Desk. For assistance in these areas, you may call or email the UH Information Technology Services department.