Date(s) - 01/21/2019 - 03/15/2019
Teaching Online Prep Program
Teaching Online Prep Program (TOPP) is an 8-week, entirely online, asynchronous faculty workshop that helps faculty in building an online class. Faculty will experience being an online student while learning to design: best practices, instructor presence, a learning community, and a course that meets the rules and regulations of Distance Education.
After participating in TOPP, the learner will be able to:
- Identify effective pedagogical strategies for online learning.
- Identify key federal, state, and ACCJC requirements in distance education.
- Create a Laulima course site that promotes learning.
- Design effective student-centered lessons and learning activities that are engaging, active, and are aligned with the learning outcomes.
- Integrate Web 2.0 tools to increase engagement.
- Identify and implement accessibility and copyright.
- Design and develop methods to build a learning community.
- Demonstrate basic facilitation skills in an online classroom.
- Week 1 – Introduction to teaching online, Important rules & regulations
- Week 2-3 – Planning the weeks/modules & activities
- Week 4 – Laulima’s core tools
- Week 5 – Developing the content
- Week 6 – Assessment Tools
- Week 7 – Building a learning community, Facilitation skills
- Week 8 – Web 2.0 tools, Clean-up and Catch-up!
TOPP is an ongoing professional development for faculty designing or redesigning an online class. Priority will be given to faculty scheduled to teach online in Summer 2019 or Spring 2019.
Apply now! Fill out an APPLICATION FORM by September 17, 2018.