Date(s) - 09/04/2018 - 10/26/2018
Teaching Online Prep Program
Teaching Online Prep Program (TOPP) is an 8-week, entirely online, asynchronous faculty workshop that helps faculty in building an online class. Faculty will experience being an online student while learning to design: best practices, instructor presence, a learning community, and a course that meets the rules and regulations of Distance Education.
After participating in TOPP, the learner will be able to:
- Identify and explain the pros and cons of online teaching.
- Identify effective pedagogical strategies for online teaching.
- Identify key federal, state, and ACCJC requirements in distance education.
- Create a Laulima course site that promotes learning.
- Design effective student-centered learning activities to address different learning styles.
- Integrate Web 2.0 tools to enhance a Laulima course site.
- Identify and implement accessibility and copyright.
- Design and develop methods to build a learning community.
- Demonstrate basic facilitation skills in an online classroom.
- Week 1 – Introduction to teaching online, Important rules & regulations
- Week 2-3 – Planning the weeks/modules & activities
- Week 4 – Laulima’s core tools
- Week 5 – Developing the content
- Week 6 – Assessment Tools
- Week 7 – Building a learning community, Facilitation skills
- Week 8 – Web 2.0 tools, Clean-up and Catch-up!
TOPP is an ongoing professional development for faculty designing or redesigning an online class. Priority will be given to faculty scheduled to teach online in Spring 2019 or Summer 2019.
Apply now! Fill out an APPLICATION FORM by June 18, 2018.