2018 Aloha United Way CampaignSeptember 17 - October 12, 2018
Each year the University of Hawai‘i ‘ohana comes together to support the Aloha United Way’s (AUW) mission of bettering the lives within our community.
The University of Hawai‘i is proud to continue its support of AUW through a tradition of generous contributions from faculty and staff that enable AUW to continue its partnership with numerous non-profit organizations. The University aims to raise $275,000 for the 2018 campaign, making an important investment in our community to make it safer, healthier and more productive for families throughout our neighborhoods.
The 2018 O‘ahu AUW campaign kicks off on September 17, 2018, with donations being accepted at that time via e-Pledge or paper pledge forms. Instructions on how UH faculty and staff can make a monetary contribution to the Aloha United Way are available here.
2018 Oahu Aloha United Way co-chairs
- Stephanie Kim (UH System Co-Chair)
- Suzette Robinson (UH Community College Co-Chair)
- Nathan Murata (UH Manoa Co-Chair)
- Leila Shimokawa (UH West Oahu Co-Chair)
Kapi‘olani Community College co-chairs
- Louise Pagotto is Penny Wars chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Veronica Ogata, Dan Swift and Kristi Ueda are Bake Off chairs (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Angela Coloretti McGough in Employment Prep Center will be coordinating the pledge drive (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Louise Yamamoto will manage communications and is the Twice as Nice chair (email@example.com)
- Gail Asada will coordinate the Mini Craft Fair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Raphael Lowe is Web Master (email@example.com)
Percentage Towards Our Goal
Participation out of 414 employees
- ADMINISTRATION + OFIE + HIC 40.00%
- ARTS & HUMANITIES 03.85%
- AUX SERVICES + SECURITY 04.88%
- BLT 05.88%
- BUSINESS OFFICE + HR 78.26%
- CELTT 06.25%
- CULINARY 38.10%
- EMS 07.14%
- HEALTH SCIENCES 08.33%
- HOST 25.00%
- KISC 0%
- LLL 0%
- LLR 13.33%
- MAIDA KAMBER CENTER 0%
- MATH / SCIENCES 02.86%
- NURSING 0%
- OCCE 25.00%
- SOCIAL SCIENCES 16.67%
- STUDENT AFFAIRS 37.50%
Ways to Participate
Mini Craft Fair
October 1 ‘Ōhi‘a Cafeteria from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Support the Aloha United Way while treating yourself, family and friends to hand-crafted gifts and fun! Vendors include:
Candy Art Hawaii, Debbie’s Cookies and Homemade Crafts, K & C Fantasy – Sea Glass Jewelry, Creative Image Photo Booth; Reflective Images by Gail; Aloha Party Experts – Washable Airbrushed Tattoos; Unique Gifts & Things; Alan Arita- Magician & Mentalis; Amare Global – the Mental Wellness Company; and Noevir.
Collect pennies and your team piles on the positive points. Donate nickels, dimes, quarters & dollar bills, and the other teams cash out with negative points! One winning team will emerge victoriously but all proceeds go to Aloha United Way! Penny War will be waged October 8-12
KCC Bake Off
October 8 in the Grille from 11:00am – 1:00pm
Last year, our team did a Chili Cook Off and it was extremely successful! This year, we are looking for bakers for our “KCC Bake-Off.” If you are interested:
- please let one of our team members know;
- please select one of the following categories (Cookies/Brownies; Coffee Cakes/Muffins; Cakes/Cupcakes; Tarts/Pies; Yeast Breads)
- please bake so that there are at least 100 bite-sized portions;
- please know that you can choose to bake at home and bring it in on the day of the Bake-Off or you can use the kitchen in the Grille, which will be available on Saturday (10/6) and Sunday (10/7) at 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to use the kitchen so that we can schedule you a time to bake. For more information, please contact Veronica Ogata, Chef Dan Swift, or Kristi Ueda
Twice As Nice
October 8 at ‘Ōhi‘a Cafeteria from 11:00am – 1:00pm
Kapiʻolani CC is again receiving gently used items to sell at our “Twice as Nice” sale. All proceeds will benefit Aloha United Way or one of its non-profit partners. Every penny will stay in Hawaiʻi and help the families of Hawaiʻi.
Please consider donating gently used items which we will re-purpose and sell at our annual sale. Favorite items are kitchenware, glass, and ceramic pieces, baskets, homemade items, arts and crafts items, bottles of wine, jewelry, leather items, scarves, serving dishes, Holiday-themed items, plants, board games, desk items, and wall hangings. Unfortunately, we do not accept clothing.
Please drop off your donated items at the Office of College Relations and Continuing Education at ʻIlima 203 until Friday, October 5.
Pledge online to show your support. You can also obtain paper pledge forms from Angela Coloretti McGough in the Employment Prep Center. You can find helpful instructions on how to donate. All proceeds to benefit Aloha United Way.
The Chancellor will award two trophies and host the winners at a “Mahalo” reception:
- one trophy for the department/unit with the highest percentage of people making donations
- one trophy for the unit/department with the most people making donations.
Keep visiting our AUW site to see how close we are to reaching our 100% goal.